The COVID-19 pandemic has forced many people to switch to working from home. If you are not living alone, it might be hard to isolate yourself from the noise other household members are making. That is when finding the best noise cancelling headphones for iPhone becomes a priority.
Noise cancellation doesn’t only isolate environmental noise, but also the one coming from your headphones. It can be useful when you are outside, and you need to isolate the background noise for an important phone call, but also if you are home, and you want to listen to music while your partner is asleep.
In this article, we singled out the top four iPhone noise cancellation headphones. Please read the reviews and our guide on how to pick a suitable unit below.
- Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 is our top pick because they feature eleven different noise cancellation adjustments. It allows you to customize the desired isolation level wherever you are.
- Apple AirPods Pro is an official product compatible with all the latest iPhone models. The manufacturer ensured a superb quality, which means the earbuds can last for years.
- Sony WH-1000XM4 feature touch sensors that make controlling the product easy. The call quality is optimal, and it only takes ten minutes of charging for the headphones to last for hours.
- Anker Soundcore Life Q20 provides optimal comfort because of the memory foam on the earcups. The affordable price tag makes them a true bargain deal.
Who Should Get a Noise Cancelling Headphone?
If you are still wondering why you would need iPhone noise cancelling earbuds, here are a couple of benefits they provide:
- Isolate noise when you are outside – forget about the horns from cars and people making noise, and enjoy making phone calls or listening to your favorite songs.
- Turn your home into a workplace – isolate the noise made by other household members, and create a work-like environment in your home.
- Don’t disturb others while enjoying your activities – if your partner is asleep, noise cancellation headphones allow you to continue watching a movie without disturbing them.
Best Noise Cancelling Headphones for iPhone: What to Consider in 2022
We tried to find the best noise cancelling earbuds for iPhone on the market. Our experts took their job seriously and considered the following factors when deciding.
That is the reason why you are buying noise-canceling headphones for the iPhone. Depending on the unit, the level of zoning out background noise can be different. Some products even allow you to pick between different noise reduction adjustments to fit different surroundings.
Apart from isolating background noise, it is crucial that the sound quality in your earbuds is optimal. That can be particularly important if you plan on making calls. Not only do you need to hear others well, but the integrated mics need to ensure that they can hear you. If you are a professional musician, you will expect above-average sound quality in every area.
Comfort and Fit
The first thing to ensure is that your iPhone noise cancelling earbuds fit you well. That means they shouldn’t be too loose and fall out from your ears. They also shouldn’t be too tight, which is why headphones with adjustable settings are convenient. You need them to be comfortable for hours, which is why tailoring the adjustments to your needs is imperative.
It is also important that the headphones don’t retain heat that much. Sweat and water resistance can be helpful, especially if you plan on taking them outside, and it is raining.
Best Noise Cancelling Headphones for iPhone: Our Picks for 2022
The great thing about these noise cancelling headphones for the iPhone is that they utilize a wireless connection. It means there is no risk of cables tangling and causing background noise. Thanks to the durable battery, you can enjoy up to 20 hours of using this accessory without charging it.
Bose implemented no less than eleven different settings to optimize noise cancellation. That has you covered in any situation, whether you are in a workplace or in bed with your partner. The headphones are compatible with Google Assistant, and you can access Alexa with a single button press.
Thanks to the Bose Music app compatible with the product, you can create multiple sound profiles. The sound is clear and smooth, and it will exceed your expectations in most situations.
What We Like
- The device maintains a stable wireless connection even when the phone is in your pocket.
- Eleven different adjustments for noise cancellation ensure you get the right isolation level in all situations.
- The battery life with a full charge is up to 20 hours.
- Pick between three color combinations, including triple black, arctic white, and silver luxe.
What We Dislike
- The headphones generate a bit of heat, which might cause your ears to sweat in rooms with elevated temperatures.
- Touch controls are impossible to use while wearing gloves or mittens.
If you are looking for the best wireless noise cancelling earbuds for iPhone, how about a product designed by Apple?
You can rest assured that the unit will be compatible with your iPhone since this is an official product. The construction quality is impressive, and the AirPods will last for years. Although the battery doesn’t last for longer than four hours, a wireless charging case can be a solution to that.
The product utilizes active noise cancellation that aims to provide immersive sound. You can switch between transparency and noise cancelling modes. Although sound isolation is not as good as in headphones, it is among the best in the earbuds’ category.
Apple AirPods Pro ensures a comfortable fit, and it will be pleasant to wear them for hours. However, if you make sudden moves, they might fall out from your ears.
What We Like
- Water and sweat-resistant to ensure you can use them when it’s rainy outside.
- Superb construction quality and a product designed to last.
- Admirable sound quality while maintaining a compact design.
- Easy to install and compatible with all Apple devices.
What We Dislike
- The battery life could be better since the unit probably won’t last longer than four hours on a single charge.
- If you are running or make sudden moves, the AirPods might fall out from your ears.
Sony WH-1000XM4 is another candidate for the best noise cancelling headphones for iPhone. The product uses Dual Noise Sensor technology that can deliver clear sound regardless of your environment.
It is easy to control the headphones because of the touch sensor implemented. If you are speaking, the unit will recognize that and pause the music so that you can finish your conversation without interruptions.
Voice pickup works flawlessly when answering calls. You get a beautiful carry case, and even a cable if you need wired listening. The battery lasts for up to 30 hours on a full charge.
What We Like
- Dual Noise Sensor technology ensures the product excels in the area of noise cancellation.
- Touch sensor controls make controlling volume and adjusting other settings easy.
- It only takes ten minutes of charging to secure five hours of playback, which is impressive.
- Five integrated microphones secure optimal call quality.
What We Dislike
- Your ears might become warm after a while, especially if the temperature in the room is above the normal level.
- Strong wind might come through noise cancellation, which can be a factor if you are outside.
Anker Soundcore Life Q20 features entry-level headphones ready to deliver decent noise cancellation. Although ambient noise reduction isn’t of the same quality as in premium units, the product can do a good job of providing sound isolation. The increased bass output is useful and will help when listening to music.
The headphones come with memory foam to ensure optimal comfort while wearing them. The joints are rotatable so that you can find the ideal position for your head shape. Although the wireless mode is the primary option, the product also supports wired listening.
What We Like
- Increasing bass output by at least 100% while reducing ambient noises by up to 90%.
- The affordable price tag makes these headphones a true bargain deal.
- Impressive battery life when used in wireless mode, and support for wired listening.
- The memory foam ensures that wearing the earbuds is comfortable.
What We Dislike
- They might come with a light chemical smell out of the box.
- The noise cancellation feature isn’t as impressive as in premium units.
Useful Tips and Tricks
Even the best noise cancelling earbuds for the iPhone will have a limited lifespan if you don’t treat them correctly. If you received a carrying case, always store the headphones there when not using them. Alternatively, buy a case to use when you are on the go, and find a dedicated spot for storing them when at home.
You can check out these tips for extending the life of your headphones. Another important tip to add is that you should be careful when outside. If you are riding a bike or crossing the street, always make sure to observe the environment well. It is always wise that you are still able to hear the environment, even if you use some level of noise cancellation. Otherwise, there is a risk of something going wrong and entering a dangerous situation without even being aware of it.
Noise cancellation can be useful in multiple situations. If you are working from home or studying, it can help you to focus. Those listening to music or watching a movie can do so without disrupting other household members. Whatever your goal is, you can’t go wrong with the four earbuds listed in this article. The only remaining thing is to pick a favorite based on the specific features you need!