To make your house look presentable always, you have to regularly vacuum your house from inside and outside. Similarly, when you want to make sure your PC’s performance and productivity won’t dampen in any way, you have to get the best disk defragmenter to defrag your PC.
The best Windows defrag program picks out pieces of data wildly scattered all around your hard drive and put them together. If you don’t schedule defragmentation regularly, then the constant growth of fragmented files can slow down your PC. There are profusion of the best disk defrag programs available on the market, but after considering the adequate factors – we have drafted a list of the best defrag software for Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7.
- Defraggler is the best free defrag software developed by CCleaner. It is a powerful system with the capacity to defrag your HDD and SDD while ensuring that fragmentation won’t affect your vital files. If you have trust issues with third-party defragmentation software, then Defraggler operates on the same logistics as Microsoft default Disk Defragmenter so you can completely trust this software.
- If you have some special requirements, then Smart Defrag can satisfy your special needs. This tool is jammed with some advanced features like Configuring Boost Time Defrag, Game Optimisation, and many more.
- O&O Defrag is the best Windows defrag program because it has a cluster of features to fasten up defragmentation, ease up the learning curve, and free up SSD space. This software is a buffet of defrag features that you can’t miss out on.
Are you excited to know about some of the best defrag software? Then, don’t hold up your excitement and read about all the magnificent defrag tools.
What is Disk Defragmenter?
Disk fragmentation is a common PC trouble that occurs when files or parts of files spread across your entire hard disk. This won’t only fragment your hard drives, but also tamper with the removable storage. This entire façade can lead to poor disk performance and degradation of the overall system.
In Windows 7, Microsoft has infused a disk defragmentation utility to defrag your disk and restore system performance. The magical tool that helps in defragmentation of the system is called a Disk Defragmenter. This feature can be accessed by using a simple command-line – Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Defragmenter.
To disk defrag in Windows 10, follow these steps:
- Search Defrag in the search box on the taskbar and select Defragment and Optimize Drives.
- On Optimize Drives window, select drive that you want to defrag.
- Once selected, click on the Analyze button to analyze the fragmented percentage.
- Once done, it will display your fragment percentage next to the scanned drive.
- Click on the Optimize button to defrag the selected drive.
However, if you don’t want to use Microsoft’s defrag tool, then you have a plethora of options ahead of you. You can easily find the best disk defragmentation software by reading about all the powerful defrag software mentioned in this post.
Why Should Get A Disk Defragmenter?
Fragmentation won’t slow down your PC instantly – it is like a slow rusting process that will slowly but gradually fragment your system to the extent of slow down. But, the process is pretty slow that can be easily avoided by defragmenting your computer occasionally. However, in some fortune cases, your PC will automatically defrag your disk – lucky you!
If you are Windows 7 and Windows 8 users, you are pretty much sorted out as your disk will get scheduled cleaning so you can rest assured about the smooth performance. But, if you are Windows XP or even older version users, you need to get a third-party defrag software to sort your files. Not only for older Windows users, but also the advanced PC users, having a third party defrag software is useful.
With the backing of the best disk defragmenter, you can analyze your fragmented files thoroughly and understand which file requires immediate defragmentation. Moreover, if you want to shrink your drive, then feature-loaded defrag tools can help you.
Overall, when your PC is slow, back up is taking too long, stretchy boot times, random crashes, and system failure have been annoying you a lot. These are the clear symptoms of fragmentation, so without delay, get the best Windows defrag program and relax.
How We Tested and Picked the Best Disk Defragmenter for Windows 11/10/7/8 in 2023?
Are you mulling over the fact what is the best defrag program for Windows 10? If yes, then the best disk defrag program is something that contains all the viable solutions to sieve your mismanagement computer files thoroughly. To compile our list of the best defrag software, we have tested defrag software on different measurement scales. The feasible defrag solutions presented on this post are scrutinized on the following scales –
- Compliance – The default Disk Defragmenter offered by Microsoft isn’t powerful enough to support all the fragmentation features. Some users need to access the defragment system thoroughly to understand their PC’s performance. This criterion has been considered while picking the best defrag for Windows 10.
- Accessibility – We test defrag tools based on their accessibility with all the leading Microsoft Windows versions. So, it doesn’t matter if you are using Windows 8 or Windows 10, you can easily use all the software discussed ahead.
- Capabilities – Disk Defragmenter has gained so much appreciation because of its elegant and useful features. Now, when we are finding out the best disk defragmenter tools to beat the Microsoft original, then we must have to focus on the features. All the products mentioned in the post are tested on the grounds of features and functionality. And, only the top embedded features got selected on the list.
- Streamlined – Now, no user wants to keep a bulky documentation handy while using the simple defragmentation software. Users want to feature loaded tools, but features should be presented more simply. So, we have tested different defrag software based on their learning curve. We can proudly say that all the tools marked on our list are very simple to learn and use.
- Economical – Today, the market is flourished with the best free defrag software, but we should not let the price of the software misguide our goal. The primary goal of getting the best disk defragmenter software is to sort your scattered files and defrag your system. So, if you aren’t getting the essential features in the best free defrag software, then there’s no harm in spending a little on the defrag tools. However, we have captured only the affordable defrag programs for you.
Our Picks: Best Disk Defragmenter for Windows 11/10/7/8 in 2023
Are you all set to find the best defrag program for Windows 10? Of course, you are. Okay, so hold your breath and have a look at the best disk defragmenter for Windows in 2023.
When you are in the mood of getting the coercive defrag software to pump up your PC’s performance, then from the house of CCleaner – you have got the Defraggler. It is a highly influential defragmentation tool with the support of NTFS and FAT32 file systems. It is marked as the best disk defragmenter due to plenty of different reasons, but compatibility with both HDD and SDD is the prominent one. Being a free tool, it has so much to offer.
Like an obedient house help, Defraggler will assemble all the fragmented files on your computer and systematically arrange them to boost the speed of your machine. All the hard work will be accomplished by Defraggler, so you don’t have to sweat. On the top, you can blindly trust Defraggler because it opts for the same technique Windows to read and write files, so your data will never be damaged.
Once this defrag software to free up adequate space on your drive, then you can easily take proactive actions to prevent your system from the future attacks of fragmentation. And, all this is possible because of the fully customizable approach of the software. You have full power to control defrag drives, folders, and files. Using the simple default settings, you can tweak with Defraggler features as per your desire. For the advanced user, customizable features are not less than a boon. Defraggler can be your ideal defragmentation tool that can run scheduled defragmentation – daily, weekly, or monthly as per your convenience.
2. Smart Defrag
In the list of the best Windows defrag program, you have the most purposive program ahead of you – Smart Defrag. This comprehensive defrag software can optimize your PC performance and harness your hard drive. For Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7, it is a graceful solution in both paid and free versions. Although free version has some limited features, they are quite adequate for the regular PC users, whereas advanced users always have an option to buy the paid version for merely $19.99.
Smart Defrag is topped up with multiple threading defrag engine to meliorate defrag speed. It is an instant tool to experience better game launching speed and file coping time for the smart generation. The cherry on the cake is – it can accelerate the start up speed of your old computer by swiftly fixing the technical errors. Configuring Boost Time Defrag is the most proactive feature of the software to manage files on HDD, which can’t be moved while the system is running – even those files can be defragmented at the speed of lightning.
Now, if you are a professional gamer, then slow speed is a vial curse for you. But, thanks to Smart Defrag, you won’t have ever to face long game load time. The software is embedded with a Game Optimisation feature that can optimize your game experience with an ultra-fast engine. You just have to pick the game that has been troubling you a lot and simply defrag it to load fast again. So, if you use massive games and software frequently on your PC, then Smart Defrag can make your digital life a lot better.
3. O&O Defrag
Does your PC’s speed has been disturbing your fun time? Then, O&O Defrag can be your savior with some wondrous defragmentation encroachments. From periodic defragmentation to the new SOLID method, O&O Defrag has some of the best disks defrag program features to offer such as –
- It has a special feature to optimize SSDs to perform superficially. The SOLID method has the potential to erase the free SSD space to fasten up things a little more.
- ClusterView option represents the degree of SSD fragmentation. It maps out the logical structure of an SSD so that a large number of blocks are combined into one.
- There you also got a Fragment Filter to recognize the most fragmented files to evaluate a reason behind it.
- O&O DiskCleaner is an incredible inbuilt search and removes a framework to find the unnecessary file and delete them from the memory to increase the security of your private content.
- Ghost defragmentation can be started with just three taps and optimize your disk without putting any negative pressure on your computer’s performance.
- With the Time View option, you can analyze defragmentation activities to optimize a successful process.
- For amateur users, O&O Defrag offers an easy learning curve.
- The defragmentation time is reduced by 40% with this defrag software, so no need to wait for hours to complete the defragmentation process.
- Loaded with tonnes of features, O&O Defrag is compatible with Windows 10, 8.1, and 7.
4. Glarysoft Disk SpeedUp
When your priority is to expedite the disk defragmentation process, then you can’t settle for any other defrag tool – you just need the best defrag software like Glarysoft Disk SpeedUp. This defrag program has been jammed with some supersonic functions and user-friendly systems.
The stellar capability of easy to use and vibrant interface has made Glarysoft Disk SpeedUp quite good defrag software. All the buttons and tabs are labeled perfectly, which facilitates users to understand and use basic functions efficiently. It’s easy to use feature is both curse and boon.
Moreover, if you are in a hurry, then under just a few seconds, you can scan your entire disk. And, if you have some specific requirements, then Glarysoft Disk SpeedUp is all set up to take special requests. This defrag software even highly focuses on the safety of disk so that your hard drive won’t receive any blow from the defragmentation process. So, if you want secure, fast and easy to use defrag software to speed up and render your hard drive, then you definitely try this Windows-compatible defrag program.
5. Auslogics Disk Defrag
High achievement, a decade of experience, and a large user base are some of the traits of our second last the best disk defragmenter software – Auslogics Disk Defrag. From the free version to pro version, this defrag tool has gained a vogue from a large number of fans. So, when we scrutinize this software on our scales, then we figured out that the ultra-fast engine of Auslogics Disk Defrag has been appreciated the most. It can pretty much sort your messy hard drive within 10 minutes which is claimed by the company to be the fastest defragmentation in the world.
This software is not only designed to defrag your system – no, it goes beyond that by merging the scattered pieces of free space into a contiguous block to prevent fragmentation again and again. Plus, it is programmed to provide the detail of fragmentation files so you can map out the most fragmented files.
However, if you don’t want to defrag your entire drive, then just target a folder or file to defrag instantly. This industry acknowledged tool is completely under your control, so you can easily customize the defragmentation process as per your wish.
Let’s end our journey of finding the best defrag for Windows on a happy note. The imperial system and feature-rich defrag software that we are about to discuss – UltraDefrag. This software got everything – a speed, easy usability, automation, and much more.
Using the software’s intuitive graphical interface, you can optimize your applications and games performance with one click. UltraDefrag is capable of defragmenting your files and folder with just one right click of your mouse. Even the locked files present on your system aren’t away from the reach of UltraDefrag.
The easy dialogue user interface makes the automatic disk defragmentation process quite interesting and speedy. Moreover, you can easily carry this defragmentation software in your pocket by writing it to a USB stick without going through the hassles of installation. It is indeed the best ending of the defrag software journey here.
After testing a large number of defrag software for Windows, we are happy to announce that we have found the best disk defrag program in 2023. Now, whether you want to speed up your computer or free up space in your hard drive, you just need to get the best defrag software, and you are all set. We can now truly hope that our in-depth search will help you in choosing a suitable defragmenter for your PC.