When it comes to smartphones and other smart electronic devices, Apple brings the best of them to the market. iPhones and iPads are loved by all; they have become more of a fashion statement for the millennials. Besides the sleek look and mind-blowing, futuristic features, iPhones/iPads have excellent camera results, not to mention their great durability.
However, one problem that iOS users might face is that the device saves the pictures in various formats, the ones you click from the camera get stored in the HEIC format, while your screenshot is in the PNG format. Even though Siri on your iPhone can answer all your queries, you might get no solid reply for “how to convert picture to PDF on iPhone/iPad.”
Worry not, by the end of this article, you will become a pro at converting your pictures to PDF files in four easy ways.
Method 1: Convert Picture to PDF on iPhone/iPad Using Print Option
The “print trick” is the easiest to do and converts one photo into one PDF page. At first, this method might not appear as straightforward as it sounds, but once you get the hang of it, you can convert picture to PDF on iPhone free within seconds.
One thing worth mentioning here is that the print option does not offer any customizations for the pictures.
Here is how you can work with the print option:
- Go to the Photos app on your iPhone or iPad
- Tap the “select” option that you will see in the upper right corner of the screen
- Tap to select the pictures you want to convert to PDF
- Pro tip: You can select multiple pictures in one go. Just go to the “select” button, tap, and then drag from the first selected image to as many as you want to cover.
- Once you have selected the picture(s), click on the “share” option at the bottom of the screen.
- The “share” drop-down menu will show the print option; select it
- After choosing, you will be directed to the print options screen (at the bottom of the screen, you will be able to see the thumbnail preview)
- All you have to do is pinch and zoom in every thumbnail that you want to convert into a PDF
- You can swipe the thumbnails on the page to see if things are going fine, then hit the “share” icon and select the way you want to share the new PDF file(attach it to an email, import it to iBooks, add to Notes app or simply save in the iCloud and more)
Method 2: Convert Picture to PDF on iPhone/iPad via Books
Similar to the print option, converting the pictures to PDF via Books does not offer any customizations. However, it saves from the hassle of downloading and using the third-party app. This method also creates a single PDF page for each picture.
- Go to the Photos app on your iPhone or the iPad
- Select a single or as many pictures as you like
- Click on the “share” option that you can see at the bottom of the screen
- Choose the “Books app” option in the share menu (if you have selected the complete album, you will see the option there as well)
- You will be directed to the Apple Books app, where you can see the PDF file that you have just created
- Click open the PDF file (or you can choose the “ellipsis” option displayed below the PDF file)
- Click on “share PDF” to share the file wherever and with whomever you want
Method 3: Convert Picture to PDF on iPhone/iPad using the Files App
iOS lovers prefer using the Files app to convert their pictures to PDF. The Books and Print options create on a pager per photo, while the File apps allow the user to add margins and multiple photos on one page.
Even though the Files app allows an easy and fast photo to PDF conversion, the pictures should be saved under the “files.” If the images are saved elsewhere, like in the Drop box or One Drive, you can follow the following steps to save them as files:
Tap on the images inside the Photos app. Click on the “share” option. Save to Files;
The next thing you to do are as follows:
- Go to the “Files” app
- Select the pictures that you want to convert to PDF
- You will have two options:
- To convert one picture to a PDF file: Just press the image for a while and then select the “create PDF” option
- To convert multiple pictures into PDF: Click on the three dots or the “more” option on the top right of the screen and then choose “select.” Select as many pictures as you want. Then tap on the “more” button (this time on the bottom right) and select the “create PDF” option.
The PDF file(s) will be created and saved in the same place as they were before conversion.
Method 4: Convert Picture to PDF on iPhone/iPad Using a Third Party App
Photos to PDF is an easy-to-use app you can download from the Apple store. It allows greater flexibility compared to the other three conversion methods mentioned above. This third-party app also allows you to customize your files with various options. The best part is that this free app converts pictures directly to PDF without much hassle.
Here is the step of how to save a picture as a PDF on iPhone:
- Go to the Apple Store and download the “Photos to PDF” app for free
- Open the app and then choose the “+” sign that will direct you to the photo picker
- Select the pictures that you want to convert to PDF
- Then select the “next” option to go to the layout settings
- Here you can choose any layout you want for your pictures, such as:
- The number of pictures per page
- Margins around each picture
- Orientation of each page of the PDF file
- Paper size
- You can choose the “preview” option to see if the layout is fine
- Lastly, choose the “share PDF” to share the newly created file on any other app on your iPhone/iPad
Method 5. Convert Picture to PDF on iPhone Using PDF Scanner App
PDF Scanner app is the answer to your question “how to save photo as pdf on Iphone.” It is an easy-to-use app that you can download from Apple Store. It allows greater flexibility compared to the other three conversion methods mentioned above. This third-party app allows you to customize your files with various options, such as PDF scanner. The best part is that this app is free and converts the pictures directly to PDF without a hassle.
- Go to the Apple Store and download the “PDF Scanner App” app
- Open the app and then choose the “+” sign and tap on scan with the camera
- Click a picture from your Iphone’s camera Or
- Select the picture that you want to convert to PDF
- Lastly, tap on Save and the image will be saved in a PDF format
iOS devices may be great and offer superior functionality compared to other smart devices, but unfortunately, they lack better picture to PDF conversion options. The options on your iPhone or iPad do not offer any flexibility, no security or password protection, and absolutely no customizations or other details – unless you install a third-party app.
Now you know how to convert photo to PDF on iPhone/iPad, you will have to search further and find other options or apps to make any changes to the PDF files.