The trading feature in Pokemon Go allows players to swap Pokemon with other nearby players. Trading is a great way to acquire Pokemon with better stats and evolve certain Pokemon. But, one of the requirements can be a pain for some.
One of the requirements for trading with another play is distance. You must be located within 100 meters of your friend in real life in order to trade Pokemon. What are you supposed to do if you have no way of being that close together? This article will tell you what you can do to extend your Pokemon Go trade distance.
What Is the Pokemon Go Trading Distance?
The Pokemon Go trading distance is 100 meters, or roughly 328 feet or 109 yards. This means you and your friend must be fairly close to each other to trade Pokemon. There are some instances where the Pokemon Go trading distance is temporarily increased, like between Thursday, 12th November to Monday, 16th November, when the trade limit was increased to 12km. However, these instances are typically associated with an event.
What Is the Maximum Trade Distance?
Currently, the maximum trade distance is 100 meters. However, there are ways of getting around this trade distance cap with the assistance of software (which we’ll touch on soon). Niantic, the creators of Pokemon Go, likely keep a maximum trade distance in place to keep the game challenging and encourage travel.
How to Trade Your Pokemon
Before you trade, you and your trade partner must have enough Stardust. You must also have been friends with your trade partner for at least 24 hours to achieve Good Friend status.
Each Pokemon requires a specific amount of Stardust to trade, with the amount increasing based on how rare and desirable the Pokemon is. Moreover, the higher your friendship level with your friend, the less Stardust you will need.
To trade a Pokemon in Pokemon Go, simply follow these steps:
- Meet up with your trade partner and be within 100m of each other.
- Go to your Trainer Profile, then tap Friends.
- Open your friend’s Trainer Profile, then tap Trade.
- Choose the Pokemon you want to trade.
- Once you and your friend are ready, tap Confirm to finalize the trade. Bear in mind that once you have traded a Pokemon, that Pokemon cannot be traded again.
Of course, the 100m trade distance can be quite limiting. Therefore, we’ve included a method in this list for extending the Pokemon Go trade distance limit. Read the next section to learn more.
How to Extend Pokemon Go Trade Distance
Although Niantic sometimes temporarily increases the trade distance limit, this is an uncommon occurrence. Therefore, long-distance trade in Pokemon Go is often out of reach for many. To get around this, you can use software to spoof your location to allow you to trade with your friend. In addition to long-distance trading, you can also explore regions to find other Pokemon you wouldn’t normally find.
The software we use to achieve this is Tenorshare iAnyGo. This software can be installed on your Windows or macOS computer. Currently, onlyTenorshare iAnyGo iOS devices are supported for this. Both you and your friend should follow these instructions to extend yourTenorshare iAnyGo Pokemon Go trade distance using Tenorshare iAnyGo:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Download and install Tenorshare iAnyGo.
- Click the Change Location icon (the first icon on the left), then click Enter.
- Enter a location using the top-right search box. Make sure it’s the same location your friend is entering.
- Click Start to Modify.
Read More: Best iOS GPS Changers
1. Are there any Pokemon I can’t trade?
You cannot trade mythical Pokemon, such as Mew, or any Pokemon that has already been traded once before.
2. What are the benefits of Pokemon Go trading?
Pokemon Go trading makes it easier to find specific Pokemon with better stats. It’s also good for Pokemon that have a trade evolution, such as Alakazam or Haunter. Once a Pokemon with a trade evolution is traded, the candy necessary to evolve that Pokemon is reduced to 0 (this is not true for Pokemon that require a combination of items and candy).
3. What are the restrictions on trading Pokemon in Pokemon Go?
In order to trade with another player, you must:
- Have a level 10 or above friendship with your trading partner
- Have enough Stardust
- Be at least 100m close to your trading partner
- Be trading a tradable Pokemon (no mythical or previously traded Pokemon)
4. How to increase the friendship level in Pokemon Go?
Before you can trade, you must have a friend with at least a Good Friend friendship level. This only takes 24 hours to unlock, but increasing your friendship level further gives you additional benefits, like Stardust discounts when trading.
You can increase your friendship level with your friend in three ways:
- Performing trainer battles
- Engaging in Raids and Gym Battles together
- Sending them gifts
5. What is the fastest way to get Stardust in Pokemon Go?
Stardust is needed to perform Pokemon trades. You can gather Stardust in many ways, but the easiest way is simply by catching Pokemon. If you want to get it even faster, consider using a Star Piece, as it will increase your Stardust yields by 50% for 30 minutes.
While the trade limit imposed by Niantic can be frustrating due to its limitations, there are ways to circumvent it in order to trade with other plays. As long as you have met the other necessary requirements (such as friendship levels and Stardust quantity), you can use software like Tenorshare iAnyGo to travel in-game without traveling in real life.