Smartphone security starts with the lock screen. Yes, it is not the ultimate security by any stretch of the imagination; still, lock screens serve as the first barrier between your phone and others trying to access it. Nevertheless, sometimes people get locked out of their devices if they forget the combination.
But don’t fret! There are ways to bypass the lock screen. Be it any manufacturer — Samsung, LG, Nokia, or others — you could bypass the lock screen without losing your precious data. This article, however, intends to serve LG mobile users. Here, you will find how to bypass the LG lock screen without reset.
Scroll down to find how to bypass pattern, password, and pin lock on LG devices without factory reset.
As mentioned earlier, you will find several ways to bypass LG lock screen without reset in this guide. However, none of them come even closer to the effectiveness and simplicity of this incredible application, i.e., Wondershare’s Dr. Fone Screen Unlock (Android) tool.
Capable of removing four types of screen lock: Pattern, PIN, Password, and Fingerprints, Dr. Fone is one tool that you can entirely rely on to bypass the LG lock screen without factory reset. Supporting all the LG models, Dr. Fone does not necessitate any complicated procedure to remove the set password.
Follow these simple steps to bypass LG screen lock without reset:
|Note: You will need a computer and USB data cable to follow these steps and remove the pattern lock from the LG smartphone).|
Reset LG device in Standard Mode
Step 1. Download and Install Dr. Fone on the computer. Launch the application and choose Screen Unlock from the main interface.
- Connect the LG mobile to the computer using the USB cable.
- Select Unlock Android Screen.
Step 2. On the next screen, select the LG device model
- From the screen, choose the manufacturer, i.e., LG and the model name.
- Click Next.
|Note: In case you cannot find the model name in the list, skip (next) to the Reset LG device in Advanced mode.|
Step 3. Once you enter the download mode, you will have to follow the on-screen instructions, i.e.,
- Switch off the phone.
- Press and hold Volume Down + Home button + Power button at the same time.
- Press the Volume Up to enter Download Mode.
- Wait till the Recovery package gets downloaded.
Step 4. Click Remove Now to bypass pattern lock on LG without Factory Reset.
- After the Recovery Package is downloaded — you’ll see Remove Now toggle.
- Select the option (i.e., Remove Now) to bypass the Pattern, Password, Pin, Fingerprint lock on LG devices.
Reset LG devices in Advanced Mode
As mentioned, Dr. Fone lets you use Standard Mode for the models presented in its proprietary list. But that does not mean it cannot unlock the screen password from devices — not mentioned in the list. However, there is a catch — there may be data loss following the below-mentioned steps.
Here’s how to bypass the LG lock screen using the Advanced Mode:
Step 1. Launch the Dr. Fone application. Opt for Unlock Android Screen. Choose Screen Unlock. And select — “I can’t find my device model from the list above” on the Screen Unlock interface.
- Click Next.
Step 2. On the next screen, you will see the screen displaying ‘preparing for removing screen lock.’
- Wait until the configuration is completed and choose Unlock Now.
Step 3. After selecting Unlock Now option, you will have to boot the LG device to the Recovery Mode; to do that, follow these simple steps:
- Turn off the LG device.
- Press and hold the following keys (on the back of the phone) at the same time: Volume Down Key + Power/Lock Key for approximately 10 seconds.
- Once you see the Recovery mode screen, let go of the keys.
Step 3. Once you get to the Recovery mode options — follow the on-screen instructions to wipe out all the settings from the LG device (factory reset).
Once you follow the on-screen instructions for factory resetting the LG device, you can access the device after restarting it. After the Start, you will not see any request for entering a password, pin, or pattern. However, data loss is inevitable using this method.
Also Read: Best Android Unlockers
You can also use Google’s Find My Device function to bypass lock codes on LG phones. Nevertheless, unlike the earlier method — you will have to erase the data on the device to unlock the device.
But in case you want to learn how to bypass the pattern lock on LG without factory reset — and not go through entering Recovery mode and following complicated steps — this method is perfect.
|Note: Your device must be registered with a Google account. And have a network connection (wireless or mobile data).|
Follow these simple steps to learn how to bypass pattern, password, pin, or fingerprint lock on LG without factory reset:
Step 1. Visit Google’s Find My Device website on your computer. Log in via the same Google credentials registered on your LG device.
Step 2. Choose the LG phone model (or name).
- On the left pane, choose Erase Device.
- On the next screen — choose Erase Device.
As mentioned, data loss is imminent when you follow this method to bypass pattern, pin, password, or fingerprint lock on LG devices.
In case you have enabled USB debugging on your LG device, you can execute this method via computers that support ADB tools. But it is advised to proceed with the below-mentioned steps only if you know about ADB tools. And have enough knowledge to execute the task.
Here’s how to bypass lock code on LG hone:
Step 1. Connect the locked LG device to the computer (that supports ADB tools).
Step 2. Open Command Prompt — press Win+R. Type cmd. And Press Enter to open it.
Step 3. Type the following command:
adb shell rm /data/system/gesture.key
Step 4. Press Enter.
Turn off the phone. Restart it. If you have followed the process correctly, the LG phone will not request a password.
Method 4. Bypass LG Lock Screen without Reset or Computer via the Forgot Pattern (Android 4.4 or Earlier)
Applicable for the Android 4.4 or earlier models, the Forget Pattern allows you to remove the password from LG devices without reset or computer. All you have to do is enter the wrong pattern’s a number of times for this to work. Of course, as evident, this works for the earlier models protected by Pattern lock.
Here’s how to bypass LG lock screen without reset or computer:
Step 1. On the lock screen — draw different patterns to unlock it (up to five times).
- You will see Forget Pattern option at the bottom-right of the screen.
- Tap on Forget Pattern.
Step 2. On the next screen, you will have two options, namely:
- Answer Question: if you have preset some security questions — you can choose this option. Enter the security answers correctly. And unlock the LG device.
- Enter Google account details: in case you haven’t preset any security questions.
- Click Next.
Step 3. On the next page, you will enter your Google Account credentials. The one registered on the locked LG device.
- You will also have to add a new pattern before accessing the device.
- Once set, draw the created pattern on the lock screen to gain access to your LG device.
Method 5. Bypass LG Lock Screen without Reset or Using Emergency Calls (Android 5.0 to Android 5.1.1)
Complicated than all the above methods to bypass the lock screen on LG devices, the Emergency Calls method works on Lollipop versions, i.e., Android 5.0 to Android 5.1.1.
Follow these simple steps to bypass the LG lock screen without reset or computer if your Android runs on Lollipop OS:
Step 1. On the lock screen, tap on the Emergency option. As the Emergency screen opens up — type in any character. Ten times (any character, like an asterisk).
- Long press on the entered characters and choose the — Copy — option.
- After copying the characters, paste it next to the type characters and continue to do so until the system allows you to Copy. (Like ten to eleven times).
Step 2. Once you have entered the maximum number of possible strings, go back to the lock screen.
- Left swipe to open the Camera.
- This will allow you to access the notification panel (by swiping down).
Step 3. Choose Settings on the notification panel.
- The LG device will ask you to enter the password.
- Simply paste in the copied characters. And keep pasting the strings as long as the device allows it. (Note: ensure the cursor is always at the end of the string).
- Eventually, the system will crash, and all the buttons will disappear. And you will see the camera screen instead.
- Ultimately, the Camera screen will also crash, and you will gain access to the Home Screen.
The procedure can take time, but it works on the LG devices running on Android Lollipop OS. Of course, the results are not always satisfactory, meaning it may or may not happen. Still, you can give it a try. In case if you want to bypass LG lock screen without reset or computer.
Follow these simple steps to enter Recovery Mode on any LG device:
- Turn off the phone.
- Press the Volume Down Key + Power Key until you see Recovery Mode options.
- Release the keys after accessing the Recovery Mode.
LG smartphones run on Android OS. So, regardless of the LG model — you can use these methods to unlock the locked phone.
Still, if you are looking for a confirmation, the first method mentioned here, i.e., Wondershare Dr. Fone Screen Unlock (Android), will work on: LG G3 S Dual, Lucid 3 VS876, LG Transpyre VS810PP, LG L65 Dual D285, LG Optimus L70D320, LG G4 StylusLGMS631, LG G3 (CDMA), LG Tribute LS676, and more.
Similarly, the second method is effective on all LG models signed in via Google; it is a cloud recovery method. The third method can bypass LG models enabled with USB debugging. The fourth method is effective on LG models running on Android version 4.4 and earlier variants.
The last method, i.e., reset using Emergency calls, is effective on LG models running Android 5.0 to Android 5.1.1.
You can use Wondershare’s Dr. Fone — Screen Unlock (Android) tool to recover your LG device without data loss. Moreover, if you have enabled USB debugging, you can reset via ADB (Method 3) to bypass the screen lock without data loss.
That’s all the methods to bypass the LG lock screen. Yes, some procedures require a computer, reset, or both. But some methods allow you to reset the password without resetting or computer — on selected models.
Again, the most straightforward and effective method is listed at the top, i.e., bypassing LG lock screen using the best screen unlock tool — Dr. Fone Screen Unlock (Android). If you do not want to lose the data and return it to your phone as soon as possible, there is no better method. Dr. Fone Screen Unlock (Android) supports almost all the LG models, so you can get over the screen lock in Standard Mode itself (by keeping your data safe).