In a rush? Check out the best iTunes backup password recovery tool in 2022:
- Tenorshare 4uKey – iTunes Backup is a dedicated iTunes backup password recovery tool that offers the right mixture of features, UI, and compatibility. With this iPhone backup password unlocker at your side, you don’t have to worry about most iTunes-related passcode errors. (Enter coupon code T5D8EP at checkout for a 15% OFF.)
iTunes backup is one of the most convenient ways to prepare your iPhone for an unforeseen event. A backup file will be enough to restore your original iPhone experience if you come across issues like data corruption or accidental data loss.
iTunes also lets you create encrypted backups so that strangers can’t just take away these backup files and extract your information. Long story short, it’s all convenient — until you forget the iTunes backup password. Because you had created an encrypted backup in the first place, you cannot open it without the password.
Sure, you can try built-in methods on iTunes or your Mac’s keychain, but there is no surety that these would work. At these times, you need a dedicated iTunes backup password recovery tool. These tools would assist you in conveniently recovering the password that you had set for the iTunes backup.
In some cases, these tools would remove the password. In others, it would show you the password that you had set. Either way, you can enjoy regular access to the iTunes backup without any compatibility issues.
This article covers the five best iTunes backup password recovery tools you can try in 2022.
Here is a quick summary of the best iPhone backup password recovery tools in 2022
- 1.🥇 Tenorshare 4uKey – iTunes Backup – Best overall iTunes backup password recovery software for Windows and Mac
- 2.🥈 iMobie AnyUnlock – Best all-in-one password unlocker for iPhone with iTunes unlocking options
- 3.🥉 iMyFone KeyGenius – Best iTunes password recovery tool with better control and success rate
- 4. iSunshare iTunes Password Genius – For iTunes password recovery with advanced customization
- 5. Jihosoft iTunes Backup Unlocker – iTunes backup password recovery tool with iPad/iPod support
🥇1. Tenorshare 4uKey – iTunes Backup – Best Overall iPhone Backup Unlocker in 2022
Tenorshare 4uKey – iTunes Backup is one of the most effective yet easiest ways to recover the lost password of an iTunes backup. If you don’t want to keep a password, the tool can help you disable the password. More importantly, Tenorshare 4uKey – iTunes Backup goes a few steps beyond the standard functions. For instance, you can use the same program to remove the Screen Time passcode as well.
Here are some features that we loved in Tenorshare 4uKey – iTunes Backup:
- Tenorshare 4uKey – iTunes Backup offers multiple ways to recover the password of an iTunes backup: Brute-force, Brute-force with Mask, and Dictionary attack.
- You also have an option to import a list of possible passwords and try them one by one. This option is available under the Dictionary Attack mode.
- This password recovery tool uses an intuitive UI design that lets you navigate through these options quite freely. You can pick a mode based on how much you know about the previous password.
- Due to the variety of modes Tenorshare 4uKey supports, you have 100% decryption success rates, which is impressive.
- The program offers one of the best levels of compatibility. You can use it to unlock the password of iPhone backups from iPhone 5s until iPhone 12. You also have iOS 14 support.
- Since Tenorshare 4uKey – iTunes Backup uses GPU hardware acceleration, you can unlock the password in a short period, given that you have a powerful computer.
Our review: Regardless of the iPhone you have, Tenorshare 4uKey – iTunes Backup is the best iPhone backup unlocker for both PC and Mac. It packs the right combination of features, an intuitive User Interface design, and excellent compatibility. We also loved how flexible the program is in solving the forgotten iTunes password conundrum. Read our Tenorshare 4uKey – iTunes Backup Review here.
🥈2. iMobie AnyUnlock
iMobie AnyUnlock is an all-in-one password unlocker for your iPhone and other iOS devices. You could use the program to retrieve the password of your iTunes backup and to unlock your iPhone if you forgot the screen lock passcode. There is also an option to unlock the Apple ID that you have linked to the iPhone or iPad. There’s also a small set of utilities that may help you in managing your iPhone better.
The features we loved the most in the iMobie AnyUnlock package are:
- In addition to iTunes backup password recovery, iMobie AnyUnlock can help you to salvage a locked iPhone. This method works if you have a second-hand, broken-screen, or disabled iPhone.
- You can use iMobie AnyUnlock to remove the password from the iTunes backup file in the first place. Anybody can do it in a single click of a button.
- The password recovery tool offers an added level of flexibility while finding the forgotten password. You can not only give hints about the password but also select the number of threads.
- Compared to its competitor, AnyUnlock is super-good at managing multiple devices with a forgotten password issue.
- Despite the impressive options inside, its modular User Interface design makes it easy for anyone to navigate around.
- As an additional utility, iMobie AnyUnlock doubles as a way to see all the passwords you have stored on your iPhone — on a browser or apps.
Our review: We believe iMobie AnyUnlock is a fantastic choice if you want something more than iTunes backup recovery. It also does an impressive job of unlocking your iPhone from other disabled situations, such as Screen Time passcode or locked Apple ID. We also loved the modular User Interface and how it works with almost every iOS device out there.
iMyFone KeyGenius is another standalone solution to recover the lost password of an iTunes backup. It does deserve a spot in the best list for several reasons, but mainly the high success rates. Because the tool is made for solving iTunes-based password issues, it can address several issues. For instance, even if iTunes asks for a password that you don’t remember setting, iMyFone KeyGenius can help you here.
Just like the other tools, iMyFone KeyGenius also has some features that deserve a round of applause:
- In comparison, iMyFone KeyGenius offers one of the highest success rates in disabling and finding the iTunes backup file’s password.
- You have the freedom to choose between three unlock modes — Brute-force, Brute-force with Mask, and Dictionary Attack.
- iMyFone KeyGenius offers better control over the recovery process to suit your convenience. There is an option to pause and resume the password-breaking process.
- The simple, three-step UI makes it easy for anyone to unlock their iTunes backup password without any prior technical experience.
- Rest assured, the recovery process from iMyFone KeyGenius works fine with almost every iPhone in the current market, including iPhone 12 and SE (2nd generation.)
- The tool doesn’t specify if it uses GPU acceleration. Nevertheless, we found that the recovery process is faster.
Our review: All things considered, you cannot go wrong with iMyFone KeyGenius if you are looking for the best success rates and top-of-the-line compatibility. However, you should keep in mind that it does not offer many extra features. At the same time, the developers have compensated for this by providing additional flexibility when recovering the password.
iSunshare iTunes Password Genius is another dedicated solution you have at recovering the password of an iTunes backup file. We are talking about extensive compatibility and some other exclusive features to manage the whole recovery process. We also loved the straightforward UI that brings all customizations into a single screen.
Some things that we loved in this package are:
- No matter the device you are using, you will find it easy to use iSunshare iTunes Password Genius to recover the forgotten password or disable it.
- You also get some options to customize how the password recovery works. You can choose between Brute-force, Brute-force Mask, Dictionary, and Smart.
- There are sub-menus for each method, where you can give hints about the password you were using before.
- iSunshare iTunes Password Genius uses powerful algorithms to ensure that nothing happens to your backup files or the device.
- Compared to many competitors in the market, this recovery tool provides better password recovery speeds as well.
- The program uses multi-core CPU acceleration and GPU acceleration to enhance the overall speed of the process.
Our review: Altogether, iSunshare iTunes Password Genius is a pretty powerful take on recovering the password of your iTunes backup. While the tool does not have any additional functionalities, per se, you should be glad about the extra speed and success rates. Similarly, the different customization options increase your chances of finding the password quickly.
Although last in the list, Jihosoft iTunes Backup Unlocker is another great option to recover the password of an encrypted iTunes backup. Instead of adding more features, this developer has also focused on providing a seamless iTunes unlock procedure. Thanks to this approach, you can decrypt the backup file and be on the way in a few seconds.
We think the most vital points in the package are:
- Jihosoft iTunes Backup Unlocker works with almost every iPhone model and iPad, and iPod devices. A single purchase should be able to fix iTunes backup password-related issues in the future.
- Like other tools we have covered before, Jihosoft iTunes Backup Unlocker also offers multiple ways to decrypt the backup file. You also get the standard customization features.
- Because of these reasons, this recovery tool provides you with an increased chance of getting iTunes backup back.
- Last but not least, we found that the straightforward User Interface of the tool makes things smooth as a piece of cake.
Our review: We can recommend Jihosoft iTunes Backup Unlocker with the same amount of confidence we’ve while recommending other recovery tools that we have covered. True, we’d have loved to see a modern UI update, but the current design also gets the job done. You also don’t have to spend too much to get a single license for this program.
Comparison of the Best iTunes Backup Password Recovery Tools in 2022
Let’s take a look at a straightforward comparison between our top picks in terms of features.
[table id=6 /]
Other iTunes Password Recovery Tools that Didn’t Make the Cut
Here is a list of iTunes password recovery tools that we had included in the preliminary list. However, they didn’t make it to the final cut.
- iMobie PhoneRescue is another all-in-one iOS utility that helps you fix a variety of iOS issues that you may encounter. While it has the basic unlocking and password removal options, we couldn’t find a sufficient amount of customization and control in the package. Even then, it is an excellent choice if you prefer a multipurpose tool. Read PhoneRescue Review here.
- Daossoft iTunes Password Rescuer is another iTunes backup password recovery tool that we had on the list in the beginning. While the app provides a rather seamless experience of unlocking the iTunes backup from an iPhone or iPad, we didn’t find the UI to be up to the mark. Because of this reason, it didn’t make the final cut.
- 7thShare iTunes Backup Unlocker was also part of our primary list for this coverage. While this tool from 7thShare is powerful enough, we could not list it on the top because of compatibility issues. The lack of support for iOS 14 was one of the bigger reasons. Having said that, you should check out this option if you have an older iPhone/iPad.
If you can handle these major dealbreakers, you may want to check out these alternatives.
How We Rated & Selected the Best iTunes Backup Password Recovery
Here are some factors that we used to test, review, and rank the best iTunes backup password recovery tools from the market.
- Reliability: We wanted to choose an iPhone backup unlocker that wouldn’t leave you halfway. So, we prioritized the overall reliability of the tools. In doing so, we considered the average success rate and connection stability of the program while unlocking the iTunes backup file.
- Decryption Tech: We understand the importance of having multiple decryption methods, such as the Brute-force and dictionary methods. In line with this thought, we have selected products that offer at least two or three password recovery options — thereby increasing the chances.
- Compatibility: What’s the point of having a password recovery tool if it doesn’t work with your iOS device and iTunes version? We have made sure that most products in the list support iOS 14 and the brand-new lineup of iPhones, including the 12 and SE (2nd generation)
- Ease of Use: We had to choose an iTunes backup password recovery tool that anyone could use. Any kind of prior experience with iOS development isn’t necessary to use these tools for quick results. In doing so, we also had given bonus points to one-click password disabling options.
- Features: Additional features, such as decrypt iPhone password and Screen Time passcode, were given extra points while listing the programs based on value. This way, we’ve chosen tools that can easily double as third-party utilities.
- Pricing: Not everyone wants to spend hundreds of dollars on a piece of software. We had to keep it in mind while choosing the products. Therefore, we have shortlisted products that cost you almost the same as a decent meal.
Long story short, you can count on any of these iTunes password unlocker tools in a crisis. You have to make sure that the product you choose has the right set of features that you need. For instance, if you want to unlock Screen Time passcodes and other things, you must check out the multipurpose packages.
Frequently Asked Questions about iTunes Backup Password Recovery Tools
🤔 Are iPhone backup password recovery tools safe?
Yes. Provided that you are using a trusted and premium backup password recovery, you don’t have to worry about safety. These tools take the maximum precaution to protect your privacy and security when unlocking your iTunes backups.
🤔 Is it legal to use iTunes backup password recovery tools?
It is completely legal to use password recovery tools to regain access to your iTunes backup. You’ve to keep in mind that most of these applications try to guess your passcode most scientifically. So, it is almost like entering the passcode by yourself — with some smart assistance.
🤔 Are there any free iTunes backup password recovery tools?
Yes, you can find a variety of free iPhone backup unlocker in the market. However, most of them don’t do the job right. So, we recommend going for a premium solution, where you have an option to check if it works.
🤔 Do iTunes backup password recovery tools affect my iPhone or iPad?
No. In most cases, you don’t even have to connect your iPhone to your computer while trying to unlock the iTunes backup password. In fact, these tools take extra precaution to make sure that nothing wrong happens to the locally-stored backups.
Our Final Thoughts
Using these iTunes backup password recovery tools is way better than guessing the password or other steps via iTunes. More importantly, these programs offer perhaps the highest success rates if you are looking for the quickest results. It should be noted that all the programs listed here are available for Mac and Windows. So, you can recover your iTunes backup passwords even on the iTunes app as well as the Finder app.